Tuesday, 6 March 2012

My First Mbok Purchase!


Hey, girlies! I had my first rehearsal for the school production today, which happened to be a singing session with another lead actor. Though I was self-conscious at first, I think I really came out of my shell as it progressed! We have group rehearsals tomorrow and the day after, too. Wish me luck!


 Also, I bought my first La Parfait item on Mbok the other day! It's a gingham, sleeveless dress with a big, pink bow and ruffles at the hem of the skirt! Here are some pictures that were included in the auction:


From the look of it, there is a built-in bra; but we'll have to see! Either way, the dress is adorable and I can't wait for it to arrive! I found a picture of it worn, what do you girls think?


My only worry is the size. I'm about 5'5"-5'6" tall, and, of course, La Parfait is a brand intended for the Japanese market. If it turns out to be too short, I suppose I'll try sewing an underskirt. I just hope it fits, I've never worn one of their dresses before; or anything from them, for that matter!
 
I bought it through a shipping service called Japonica Market, whom I found out about through a review on LiveJournal last year. So far, they have been amazing. They're quick to reply to any questions you have and are very clear on what happens during the buying process. I can't wait for it to arrive!
 
Before I go, I'd like to thank all of my followers for the incredible support! It means so much to me; I promise to do my best!
 
Hope you're all doing well, lovelies! Take care, until next time~ 
                                             

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! It's a really pretty dress~! Another option for if a skirt is too short is to find some bloomers. I have a pair of white culottes with ruffles at the end that I got as part of a set from Bodyline. I think it gives that extra bit of protection, if it's a really windy day, or if somehow the skirt rides up, lol.

    I have no experience in La Pafait, but I've bought a dress from the Yumetenbo Princess line. I'm 5' 7.5", and the dress came to fingertip-length. I can't imagine their dresses being that much shorter if at all, but I guess you'll find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I can't wait for it to arrive! > u < Thank you for the bloomers idea, too. I have a pair from my very brief Lolita phase, but I think they may be a bit too long! I suppose it depends on what I'll be wearing.

      That sounds like a nice length, I would be pleased if the dress came at about fingertip-length, but you're right, I'll have to wait and see! Thanks!

      Delete