Saturday, 18 February 2012

Introduction to Sparkle Melody!


Super-cuties, welcome to my brand new blog, 'Sparkle Melody'! Here, I'll be sharing my progress as an aspiring Himegyaru with all of you, and also the occasional thought or opinion as I see fit.

I first discovered Gyaru fashion in early 2011, but was more interested in Sweet Lolita at the time.
After doing a bit of research (with thanks to Mana Starre for her amazing tutorials!), I soon discovered that the less popular aspects of Lolita I loved so dearly (bouffants, tiaras, lace tights, etc.) were some of the main focuses of Himegyaru. Soon enough, I fell head over heels for the fashion and grew determined to become a princess myself someday!
It may take a while (as I'm still young and on a rather tight budget), but I'm looking forward to building up an adorable pink wardrobe, taking daily outfit shots, and even joining a gal circle!

Here is a list of my biggest inspirations (in no particular order). Almost all of them are Gaijin-Gyaru:
Thanks so much for checking out my blog! Until next time~  

3 comments:

  1. (I thought I'd just post on your own blog, since it would be easier for you to receive than posting on my own blog)

    Thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear that I can be of help to anyone, even a little ^_^ When I return one day, I will definitely try my hardest to live up to your expectations!

    And good luck to you! Besides those few bad eggs out there, we're a pretty friendly lot. There are plenty of Gals out there who will help you achieve your goals, and encourage you, even if you decide to go in another direction <3 I hope you'll enjoy it here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support, it really means a lot! ; u ;

      Reading over the progress you've posted on your blog really motivates me not to give up, even though my goals seem pretty darn distant at the moment!

      I hope that you're doing well and wish you the best of luck with your goals as well~ ♡ >w<

      Delete
    2. Haha, yeah, I know what that's like! You've got all of these ideas forming in your mind about how you end up, that you wish it would just hurry up and happen! Lol! It feels like it's taking forever, but then you look back at where you started and realize you're so much farther than you though. I remember when doing makeup first took me around an hour!

      I think, as long as you keep up a steady pace, don't let yourself slack off, and accept critique (of course, people saying "You suck, you'll never be Gyaru!" is definitely not a critique; don't listen to anyone who says that to you!), you'll always get to where you wish to be!

      Lol, I've ended up rambling again. I'm just excited for you ^^

      Anyway, I'm doing pretty well. I might be coming back to my blog sooner than I thought! And thank you! I truly do appreciate it <3

      Delete